Wee Nam Kee: Not Even Wong

What's not to love about Chinese? Despite its greasiness, I find comfort in eating it, no, scratch that, scarfing it down more like it. 


Wee Nam Kee Fried Rice (Php 225)

As you might have guessed/known I am a firm believer that rice is essential in everyday life inspite of endless carbohydrate choices. 

A good kind of rice makes me so happy but a great kind of rice makes me eat two bowls of it. And yes, we did order two bowls of this. That's how happy my tummy was. It was not too salty, not too greasy and it was also generous with its mix of egg, carrots and peas. As Filipinos call it, kanin pa lang ulam na. 



Salted Egg Fried Chicken (Php 295)

My favorite breakfast incombination with everyone's favorite? Sounds like a good idea to me. Salted duck egg lover will truly appreciate this.


Honey Crispy Squid (Php 350)

I was lied to. More like I assumed. I thought that what crispy meant here was like crispiness of calamari but noooo, it was crispy like glass or candy. It was reminiscent of a pulutan like sweetened dilis. 


Honey Garlic Ribs (Php 298)

Tender and juicy, this completed our food group. Meat, chicken and seafood in one sitting.


Three viands for three people.


Milo Dinosaur (Php 135)

Nope, not a fan of something I can easily make. Opted to skip this one.


Lime Juice (Php 55 + 27 upgrade)

Must be obvious now, every restaurant I visit I always choose lemonade as a drink or in this case, lime. Got my order wrong, they forgot its bottomless so I was charged an upgrade for another glass.


Fascinating chandeliers inspired by bird cages 


Trip down memory lane with Wee Nam Kee's pictures of its roots. They're from Singapore which made me think why I didn't try their Chicken Rice.

Must Try: Wee Nam Kee Rice, Salted Egg Fried Chicken, Honey Garlic Ribs

Cost for Three: Php 1735.58 (w/service charge)

WEE NAM KEE
G/F New Glorietta, Ayala Center, Makati
Telephone: 478-8477

Popular Posts