Tonkatsu by Terazawa: Katsu One More Time!

It was a very unplanned Saturday eat-out with my friends. We wandered around Glorietta for about 30 minutes, tried to look at Buffalo Wings 'N Things but eventually ended up at Tonkatsu by Terazawa. Monica's P500 off from her planner is a big plus in our decision. 

Unfortunately for me, I was still experiencing my blog-hair day at that time. The photos are still a bit low quality and blurry for my taste but what can I do? It helped that my friends pitched in with their cameras. (S4 vs. iPhone moment ha!)



We had French Fries and Fried Chicken Wings for starters.


French Fries (Php 125)

Asian-ized by the flakes of tea or was that some other herb?


Fried Chicken Wings (Php 195)


Crispy and delicious enough to be a meal, I was almost tempted to say this is what I'll be having.


Same kinds of dressings as Yabu. They gave us tea while waiting which my friends didn't drink. The tea was actually refreshing, it's bland, yes.


Miso Rosu Katsu Set (Php 395)

Jen's choice of Katsu, Rosu or pork with fat with miso sauce.


Mixed Katsu Set (Php 490)

Erwin's choice which consists of prawn, fish and pork katsu. The fish was too soft for our liking and also tasted a bit bland.


Hire Cheese Katsu Set (Php 385)

Monica's oh-so addictive katsu set. The cheese complimented the Hire Katsu with it's salty and creamy taste. 


Rosu Katsu Set 120g (Php 375)

And finally, my chosen set. I wondered why though, I should've ordered a Curry dish so I can compare it with Yabu's but I opted for something different. The boss of all Katsu's, Rosu. I like it with tonkatsu sauce, it's a bit tasteless without it. I also liked how the presentation of the whole set was made. It was more appetizing than the way Yabu presented it. However, I had a slight problem with the rice. The smell of the rice overpowered my appetite which didn't happen at Yabu. I still ate two bowls though. The cabbage was also refreshing and removes that umay taste. 



Our seat was luckily beside a window that shows the kitchen. We watched them cook our meals and felt fascinated at how simple but delicate things are. We also had a "no phone while eating policy" which was hilarious.

That day was also the day I got my credit card and yes I used it. It felt nice to use the card, independently, without my parents hovering over me. And no, I already paid for it as of this writing.

COST FOR FOUR: Php 2,064.20 
All sets have unlimited rice, soup and cabbage. You can request for the corn.
They have 5% service charge.

TONKATSU BY TERAZAWA
GF Greenbelt 2, Ayala Center, Makati City
Twitter: @TonkatsuPH
Facebook: Tonkatsu by Terazawa



Popular Posts