Start Something New!

When was the last time you did something for the first time? This question made me stop and think. It's a new year and a new month! Time to embrace change and search for a hobby that's worth your while.

Today, I did something I've never done before. PILATES! That's right! An exercise?! Why? Because I realized that I'm getting older by the day and I don't want to be afraid of the changes my body will go through. More importantly, I know that exercise is very important for the body, mind and soul.


This is a step-up for my routine since I'm already on my second week of basic exercises. Pilates, fr those of you who don't know, is a physical fitness system developed in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates. It is a body conditioning routine that may help build flexibility, muscle strength, and endurance in the legs, abdominals, arms, hips, and back. It puts emphasis on spinal and pelvic alignment, breathing, and developing a strong core or center, and improving coordination and balance.

So there I was searching for a good dance exercise, I did one before but I can't exactly place my finger on what kind that was called. :( But then, I stumbled upon these videos by Cassey Ho of BlogilatesTV. I tried her routines and they were fun, easy to follow and do..

Here's my approximately 25-mins workout with her. I plan to stick with it up until summer :)


1.  POP Pilates: Pick-Me-Up Quickie Workout! 


2. POP Pilates: Flatter my Abs Workout 


The videos are very easy to follow and the routines are not hard to do. The hardest for me was the banana boat rocking on the second video. I can't exactly rock the boat since my legs end up higher than my arms. LOL. And also that part which uses the palm. 3/4th of the routine, my right arm gives out on me. But after that, the steps are manageable and really enjoyable.

So how about that? Take the plunge and see how much you can enjoy being out of your comfort zone. Try something new today! :)

Popular Posts