Tokyo Tokyo: Spicy Chicken Ramen

Tokyo Tokyo has made the ramen craze more accessible and affordable with its' three ramen flavors, Spicy Chicken, Braised Pork and Tempura.

I tried the Spicy Chicken for lunch. It was a side order for my Pork Katsudon.


Spicy Chicken Ramen (Php 99)

I had a hard time choosing whether I should have the meal size (Php 150) or the snack size. In the end, I opted for the snack size since I only wanted a taste anyway. 

I'm glad I choose the snack size. For all the noise this has generated, I was disappointed to discover that it was all for hype. 

It was spicy allright. Just spicy. It was like chilli simmered in hot water. Spicy but too bland for my taste. Eating noodles in spicy hot water is not my style. I regret to say this but I'd rather have those instant ramens that offer the same spiciness with much more depth. 

Oh and most of those are not noodles but shredded cabbages. Quite explainable since it's just snack size. 

I enjoyed the nori though. Also, the chicken pieces tasted great. I wondered if it's the same ones they used for the honey chicken. 

Nope, not going to eat this again. The fast food spirit is evident in this one. 

Popular Posts