Rodmale25: In Numbers :)

 
 Play this. His favorite song.

Amidst the chattering and laughs, one can't help but notice the one spreading this infectious humor.  Along with his brother of course, they are pretty much an inseparable pair full of jokes and whatnot. But today, the spotlight is on him as the days near his birthday.

Born Rudney M. Cauguiran on August 02, 1975 at Mary Chiles General Hospital, Sampaloc, Manila. He is currently working in Singapore. Stands 5'6 and weight unknown due to dieting.

However true some of this fact may be, he likes to change his name from Rudney to Rodney for some reasons. He has been everybody to me; I say this because he takes on many roles for me. A stranger who can be blunt when correcting mistakes, a friend who listens, a parent who cares, and most especially a tito as he really is. 



Join me as we get to know him through numbers.

They have been together for 9years.

 


I can't even remember since when they have been together. I barely know my own age or  what grade level I was in when I first met Kuya Vish. All I know is, they have been together long enough that I can't imagine them without each other. Imagine lasting 9 years. 9 long years which is literally long long for us nowadays and yet here they are.

Happy, Happier, and still getting happy :)

He has visited 8 countries. 
(Vietnam, Cambodia, Macau, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and China.)



Of these, which country did you enjoy best? Why?

Each country that I have visited showed different flavors however my top would be Thailand. Thailand is probably one place outside of the Philipppines where I feel most at home. When I first went to Thailand many people scoffed at Bangkok as dirty, polluted and crowded. These were the words I heard. Yes, Bangkok does have its negative points, but it is a world-class city. The transportation, restaurants, hotel choices, tourist sites, shopping, etc… It is a little slice of all Thailand has to offer and I never get bored with it. And why do I love Thailand so much? Here are some obvious reasons why I keep coming back.

Delicious Foods - There’s more variety and more flavors. Your mouth dances with a concert of flavors when you eat there. The variety is beyond imagination and there is no such thing as a bad meal. They’re all delicious and such a treat to your palate.

Weather- Can easily adapt to the weather as it is somewhat the same in Philippines.

Budget - Whatever your budget, you’ll have many choices. I can go to Thailand, enjoy all the luxuries, and spend less than $50 a day,

Friendly people- Thais are some of the nicest people I have ever met. They are always happy, always smiling, extremely polite and always helpful. They will help you out if you are in trouble and help translate for you if you can’t speak Thai.

Shopping- Like food, hotels and spa treatments – there is everything for everyone in every price range. The weekend and night markets contain more items that you can imagine and all way cheaper than most.

Lastly, Thailand offered a lot of good places to visit, from white sand beaches and turquoise water to pagoda and their palaces. Everywhere I


Has lived in 7 houses through his life. 
 (Sampaloc, Murphy, UE Village, St.Andrew, St.Mary, Blk 633 Hougang, Blk 134 Serangoon)


He currently lives at Blk 134 Serangoon with his siblings and friends.
I remember the stairs most since we went there for a visit. My infamous "Hay na ko" incident happened there. ( Hence Kuya Vish's picture, that's the stairs on the background) They had a laugh about it for days :( Oh well. Nothing to do here.

Placed 6th in Pinoy Idol Singapore 

 

This must've been a very great experience for him. We are so proud of how far he had come. 
To the highest level na ito! A dream come true for him to be a drag queen someday was made possible by their group performance, him as Lady Gaga singing Bad Romance.


If I squint my eyes a  little, they kinda look alike. Lol :) But I still think it's rihanna when he does that silly facial expression.


 He has 5 lovable siblings.

Stating the obvious here I know. Can't think of any facts associated with five, mei culpa. 

Can't find family pictures :(
He is the 4th Child  with my dad (Rudgen), Rhoniel and Ruben as his older brothers. Ruiza and Reenalyn as his younger sisters. They say that he and my dad looks alike,but I can't really see it.

 4 - the years he has spent working in Singapore. 
His favorite Singaporean cuisine is Ban Mian.



Banmian (板麵) is a popular noodle dish, comprising handmade noodles served in soup.

In Hokkien, it was called Mee-Hoon-Kueh (麵粉粿; lit. "wheat snack") but what we can find at hawker stalls is generally called banmian. Banmian is a culinary dish that is popular in China, Malaysia, and Singapore. It consists of egg noodles served in a flavorful soup, often with some type of meat or fish, vegetables and various spices. The meal is considered one of the healthier food choices and can be found for sale by restaurants, street vendors and food stalls in the region. The base of the entire meal is a soup, so there are numerous variations in ingredients, stocks and noodle shapes. In many instances, the completed soup is topped with an egg that is cooked in the hot liquid above the noodles.

The secret to him being 5'6? It's 3.

That 3 inch heels that make him taller than he really is. I dare not say his true height though, I might let the cat out of the bag if I did. He may not want everyone to know the cat that is. 

(got to find pictures of this -.-)

Another take on being a drag queen I presume.


August 2, His birthday.   

 This post is meant to serve as a surprise for his birthday.  He is now 37 years old :) But numbers are just numbers as he has a youthful appearance, vibe and heart. I hope he enjoyed  reading this. Now he knows why I pestered him with so many questions.


Yes, you will be always be no. 1 for us :)

Happy Birthday kuya! I hope you receive more blessings and happiness in your life and may God give you longer life as well. Thank you so much for showing us around Singapore. I really had a fab time. Malay mo, I might show you around Australia as well. Haha! Cheers to a brighter future :)

- Bea ♥

Can't find family pictures. Lol :3

 Acknowledgements:

This post would not be possible without insights from the following persons.

Kuya Vish, Ate Aiz and Ate Aileen. Thank you! :* 


Disclaimer: 
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law.You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. No part of this book may be reproduced or transferred in any form or by any means, graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, taping, or by any information storage retrieval system, without the written permission of the author. LOL.



Popular Posts