Hole in the Wall: Kainan sa Banda Rito

Nothing's better than great food that doesn't hurt your pockets. Maybe that's the secret of Kainan sa Banda Rito.

It's a rainy day and it's also kind of late, we braved the gloomy weather in search of happiness, well more or less. Ask anyone and they'll tell you that looking for a place to eat in Marikina is no easy task. The places are too far apart or secluded that google maps can't help you. This also means that you'd need a car. But as they say, what doesn't come easy, tastes great. (Did they really say that?)

We arrived at a busy street with car lined up left and right that we had to park a few houses a way. The place isn't what I expected it to be. My tito said "carinderia" but it was not so. The place was packed, no table was ever vacant for more than a few minutes.




We weren't sure what the servings would be like so we ordered for each person and added meals for sharing. I got lechsilog (lechon kawali, sinangag at itlog) and we ordered Chopsuey, Pancit, Bulalo, Sisig, Pork Steak in Mushroom Sauce, Sweet & Sour Pork. I didn't have the chance to take pictures of all of it though. (makes me sad) There's a menu, in case you were wondering.

The server jokingly says that it's a feast, which I don't get till the orders arrive. I thought short order would meant something for two persons or so. But it was more like 3+ people.

There was free soup which did not taste like the usual free soup, boiled water with cubes. It tasted like the real deal, pork siningang.








We got 8 rice for 4 people but only finished it with slight reluctance. This is unusual for me but I can attribute it to the fact that I already ate dinner at Greenwich and had 2 cups of rice.

The food tasted great for prices so friendly. Every dish has pieces of lechon as toppings. It made me dizzy because I already ate chicken skin a few hours before. I would've enjoyed it more if I hadn't.

Even though it's labeled as a "carinderia", it's not self service.  The staff were accommodating, they even make small talk and share a little bit of their story. There were also left overs from our feast and they were more than happy to put in a bag for us.

It's truly bang for buck!

If you have that midnight cravings, don't hesitate to go because the are open 24/7. Let's support the local food industry.

Chopsuey, Pancit con Lechon, Bulalo, Sisig, Pork Steak in Mushroom Sauce, Sweet & Sour Pork, Lechsilog

*Final bill amounted to around P500 (good for 4-6 persons)




KAINAN SA BANDA RITO
7 J.P Rizal St., Calumpang, Marikina City
645-2962

Popular Posts