Manila (Mis)Adventures: Samgyupsalamat 삼겹살라맛

We had a double birthday celebration for our friends, Hazel and Nicole. I find it a bit funny that I've never tried to eat in this side of Manila; I've spent four years studying in Makati and the place was merely 15 minutes away. (without traffic?)

Daepae Samgyupsal (Php 240)

After the Testimonial Mass at La Consolacion, we hurriedly left and ditched the snacks. (Something I think no one would do if they weren't leaving to eat in the first place.)




MISADVENTURE

We divided into two groups, Group 1 had the two celebrants and Group 2 were the ones who went on a detour for our surprise, the cake. We had to wait a bit at Goldilocks and we already left when we realized we forgot the caramel sauce!



ADVENTURE

I like my food crispy and well done, so I burned ours like bacon  I was a bit hesitant to wrap mine in veggies but it wouldn't have been a complete Korean experience if I didn't. To my surprise it paired rather well, especially with the sauces.



I love Korean shows and the food always look so appetizing but I've never had the stomach for fermented vegetables. Theirs was an exception, the seasoning was mild but still had that spicy bite. The potato side dish was the star of this side of the show. (pun intended)


Our friends got us extra miso soup but I didn't like it because I don't really like miso soup. Although I like sinigang sa miso, does that even make sense? 

The secret to feeling/getting full? Eat the veggies then the rice and drink lots of water after. I always drink water after to have room for more food.


Samgyupsalamat is a quaint Korean place near CSB, perfect for small gatherings and Korean cravings.

The staff were attentive and patient even though we had a lot of requests and the group was a (bit) crazy. One of us even asked if they had a microwave because the caramel sauce for the cake was frozen. Ate was shocked but just laughed. They were nice enough to give us small plates for the cake and hot water to thaw the sauce.

We had so much fun! and I hope you do too.

Enjoy!  

Budget: Php 2,000 (8 persons = 250 each)

SAMGYUPSALAMAT - 삼겹살라맛
Address: 911 Kapitan Tikong St. cor Leon guinto St. Malate, Manila
Open: 10:00 am to 12:00 mn (Daily)

P.S. They have a newly opened branch at Jupiter, Makati
They offer this promo everyday till August 31


Popular Posts