August Obsession: Wanton Noodles

I'm not actually sure how this came to be but I am Wanton Obsessed. I guess I can say that it's already rainy season. Although some days may be hotter than others, a good bowl of wanton will comfort you in anything that comes your way. Here's a quick read on the places I've been to, so far.

Beef & Wanton (Php 170)

☑ Best Broth
David's Tea House

David's Tea House has the best broth among the four Chinese places we tried. Unlike the one from North Park that tasted deep and rich when mixed and eaten with the beef, this one taste better even without touching the beef. It has a nice refreshing taste that comforts those who eats their meal late. 


Wanton Noodles ( Php 160)

Ling Nam

My camera died on me so this photo kinda grainy than usual. Ling Nam didn't win anything in my heart, for now. Maybe it was the slow service experience or the fact that there was too much flour in the wanton?



Wanton Noodle Soup (Php 160)

☑ Best Wanton 


Mongkok

I was actually put off by the color of the wrapper. It reminded me of those cheap, for wholesale ones sold in the Market, not that there's anything wrong with those. But because I paid a considerable sum for this meal. The first I got a bite of was the shrimp wanton, it was good! It went down smoothly and you'll really see that it's shrimp. I wasn't even tempted to dip it in sauce. 

Nanking Beef & Wanton ( Php 163 ) 

☑ Best Noodles

North Park

What's really awesome about North Park's Noodles is that they let you choose your type of noodle. Choices range from Whole Wheat, Herb, Hong Kong, Flat Shanghai and Canton, there's surely something for everyone. Independence is truly something you'd never say no to. 

Flat Shanghai was my choice and it was one of the best choices I made that night. The noodles captured the flavour of the soup, it didn't taste like it was just mixed in there at the last second. It was smooth and easy to chew. 


So here the first four places in my August Obsession, I am not actually un-obssessed yet. It may take a while before I sweat in dread at the mention of Wanton Noodles. 

Enjoy!  

Popular Posts