Eat: Shoyu Ramen (Omakase)


January, not December as some may believe, is the real epitome of Sweater Weather.
With the temperature as low as 21°C, it's even colder than your ex.

It's the perfect excuse to crave for ramen. 

The only place near our office who serves Japanese Cuisine (that I know of) is Omakase at Ayala Triangle Gardens. Greenbelt was just too far for my tired feet and pockets. 

Shoyu Ramen (Php 195) 

We arrived at Lunch time and as you might have guessed, there were a lot of people. We were third on the list but only because we took so long to decide whether it was our final choice. Nevertheless, we got seated quite fast in spite of the lunch crowd.

We had Gyu-Chisu Maki for appetizer. The funny thing is I don't eat maki. Never again will I punish myself with the memory of my bad experience with it. That's why there's a saying that first impressions last.

But then again who would think ill of beef and cheese in a roll? It's deliciously cheesy and even more so when dipped in mayo. Just watch out for the bits of tissue, it's not part of the maki (lol).

Gyu-Chisu Maki (Php 165)


The only ramen on the menu was Shoyu with soy sauce, chicken and vegetable stock as its base. (Shoyu = Soy Sauce) The soup cradled my famished stomach in it's slightly salty yet refreshing taste. It's great for times when you skipped breakfast and you feel hungry at lunch but discover you've lost your appetite. It definitely warmed me up, the only leftover was the Chinese cabbage.

It's a welcome alternative to the grease filled go-to fast food ramen that is Yoshinoya.

The service was a-ok, we got served fast and the staff gave us what we need, when we needed it. This ramen has a special place in my heart and probably, also my pocket.

Soreja!



OMAKASE
Ayala Triangle Gardens, Makati Ave. Bel-Air, Makati
Telephone Number: +63 (02) 467-3150 | (02) 87878



Popular Posts