Tous Les Jours: Rose Cream Cake




We celebrated my sister's 16th Birthday a few days ago. I think of this as a fateful event. Fateful not only because it's her birthday but also because we met someone we didn't think we would.

Kuya Arnold, who I thought was at BGC. We saw him at White Hat, he was sitting there and browsing with his phone. We were a bit hesitant to approach him but I'm thankful we did.




Since it's her day, my sister decided to eat at Shakey's. I felt that no birthday is complete without cake. So there I was, a stage "ate" who bought cake at her favorite store, Tous Les Jours.

I buy at Tous Les Jours a lot. The cake designs really get my attention. Rather than a boring cake with dedications, I always opt for something that can stand for itself without needing words to say it.






Tous Les Jours' Rose Inspiration Fresh Cream Cake (whew! TL;DR ) was perfect. The rose incited feminimity, the strawberries and cream denoted sweetness with just a bit of tang. The smell of the cake was just divine. It felt like it was made for Sweet 16s.

It's really not a secret that I like sour things. This is one of the reasons why I love this cake so much. The red rose powder's sourness balanced well with the sweetness of strawberries and cream.




At first, I thought that the cream was just too much and I would get tired of this quickly or not eat the cream at all. Some cakes with a lot of icing make me feel that way. But this cream was different, it was addicting. Everything in this cake was needed just like it should be.

The only downside to this is, the cake was too pretty. It was a shame to cut it. Oh and the icing leaves, which tasted like, well, leaves. (The best part is eating Tous Les Jours' chocolate name. Hahaha!)

Update 06/21:

The cake slightly has a wine taste. This was not present when I ate it fresh from the store. Maybe this is due to storing or the strawberries fermented like strawberry wine?

Popular Posts