California Pizza Kitchen

Summer makes a person think of the beach and the sun. The beach and the sun makes a person think of California.

Today's foodventure is in California, not the state but the kitchen. 

California Pizza Kitchen beat iHop by a bit, we decided to eat here since it was about late lunch and iHop had the breakfast feels.


I ordered the Mozzarella Sticks for starters. It was appetizing, the cheese was perfectly melted and the bread crisp. But the pizza sauce could've tasted better if it was heated. It clearly felt like it was right out of the fridge.


Erwin chose the Carbonara as our pasta dish. I like my pasta with a creamier taste so this was just okay for me. The green peas are a first though, maybe because I'm not such a vegan.



The toughest choice was with the pizza. It was a battle between Hawaiian and Five Cheese and Fresh Tomato. Being creatures of habit, I was such a fan of hawaiian pizzas that I pleaded (lol) for it. 

Nothing says, "I'm full" like a great hawaiian pizza. So it was such a dissapointment for me that it tasted bland and lifeless. Maybe this can be attributed to the fact that I like my pizzas cheesy, my pineapple juicy and the sauce existent. But what the heck, it's california-style pizza.

I regret that I did not take my chances with Five Cheese and Fresh Tomato. If only it didn't have fresh tomatoes.


The best decision I made was getting bottomless iced tea. It was worth every peso. The staff were efficient enough that you don't have to call them for a refill.

Also a highlight of the day was seeing Jugs of Itchy Worm. Not brazen enough to ask for a photo though. 

I had a great time, the food was filling, the movie, action packed and satisfying. Would I visit again? Yes. Would I order this again? Please, let's not stay in our comfort zones.

California Pizza Kitchen
11 AM-12 AM Friday to Saturday
Unit F 30th Street cor 9th Avenue, BGC, Taguig City. 
Telephone: 668-3912.

Cost for Two: 1200 Php
My Rate: 3.5/5

Popular Posts