Nolita: A Taste of New York

Pizza. 

That one word gets your mouth watering and your stomach grumbling. Even now as I write this post, I wish I'm having a slice.

To celebrate the last day of summer class, we or I decided to eat pizza. My eating buddy was very bent on letting me eat what and where I want. 

I guess I've made the right decision.

Nolita or North of Little Italy offers big, authentic, New York style pizza. We visited their BGC branch since the location is very convenient and near Makati where I study.

My foodventure buddy, Erwin.

It was around 11am when we arrived and the place was about half full. This was a very lucky coincidence. As soon as the lunch crowd arrived, the place was alive and very busy that the lines were long and tables were full. 

There were so many choices that I had a hard time picking what I wanted. I have this very weird and sometimes irritating manner of liking to eat all the food I see, I have a hard time choosing. 

I also read on quite a few blogs that the Spinach and Artichoke Pizza tasted great. It almost made me choose it but I was very hesistant seeing those green leaves.


So in the end, I choose the Chicken and Parmesan Pizza. Erwin had the Buffalo Chicken without Blue Cheese.

I loved the Chicken and Parmesan but I think it is best eaten while hot so you can fully taste the cheese. I grew tired of it towards the end because I thought there was too much tomato sauce. And because I ate gyudon before I went there. I'd give this pizza 8/10 👍👍👍

Buffalo Chicken without Blue Cheese also tasted great that I wanted to exchange pizzas. The spiciness of the dish made it addictive. Erwin finished his as a testament of the pizza's greatness. 


I am also a fan of sour things. I found their lemonade satisfying although not a great partner with the pizza I chose. Too much tomato sauce and lemonade can't be good, can it? 


Despite that situation I still think that their lemonade is one of the best. 10/10 Real lemonade in fact, pulps and all. It was just a shame that we didn't get to try their watermelonade. Virgin, ofcourse. 



And because a single pizza was not enough, we decided to share a slice of Cheese Pizza.

I was very glad for this intervention. I needed something salty to counter out the sourness of tomato sauce. Notice Erwin's empty plate and mine with a leftover? 

Cheese Pizza, tasted like, well, cheese. Gooey, tasty, salty cheese.



And for dessert, Cannoli. 

This was cold, sweet and then bitter kind of dessert. Cream with chocolate bits, although I can't quite place what was bitter between the two.

Erwin taste the somewhat fried orange on top and his reaction was quite hilarious that I did not even dare to try it.

Maybe it was just us, but we wished we had the funnel cake instead. 



Instead of numbers, they give pictures of famous landmarks. Can you guess what's ours? The funny thing was, Washington was written on our receipt. This ain't no Washington. But Nolita is the place to be. 

Nolita
UF, West Superblock, Bonifacio High Street, 7th Avenue Corner 29th St S, Taguig
Open 11am - 2pm

Cost for Two: Php 900
My Rate: 4.5/5

Popular Posts